December 3, 2012
Have you ever lost power for an extended period of time in the winter, leaving you without heat in your Atlanta home? Here are a few things you can do to keep warm. Before you do any of them, always check to make sure it’s not just your heater or that you just have a blown fuse. Be sure to call the power company if it is not just your home.
Here are some things to do while you wait for the power to return:
- Dress warmly: You can always add layers and get under thick blankets. Dress as you would going out on a very cold day. Remember that you lose a lot of heat through your head, so find a warm cap.
- Stay in one room: If your whole family stays in one or two rooms, it makes it easier to keep that area warm. Close the doors to keep all the heat in that you can.
- Use a fireplace or wood stove: If you have a small fireplace or wood stove that you use as backup heat, take advantage of that.
- Go to a hotel: While this is perhaps a last resort, you can always stay at a hotel if your heat is not expected to come back on for more than a few hours.
- Prevent breakdowns by calling for repairs: If you notice that your heater is having trouble reaching or maintaining comfortable temperatures, call for repair service right away. Even strange noises or odors coming from your heating system can be indicative of a problem requiring professional repairs, and it is much better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your comfort.
Call the Atlanta heating professionals at Comfort Zone Heating & Air for all your heating maintenance and repair needs!
We service all brands
We accept the following payment types:
Looking for financing options? Special financing available.
Financing available with approved credit from GreenSky.
Fill our the application here or call us for details