Repair or Replace?
Weigh up these factors when deciding whether to repair or replace your heating or cooling system.
It’s a question every home owner or business has to ask at some point. Is it better to repair or replace my HVAC system? And which one is more cost effective for my needs and budget?
The graph below shows a basic comparison of equipment cost vs. age and what action to take when. But there is a lot more to the picture than meets the eye. As part of our company philosophy, we want to provide you with guidance you can trust by helping you balance factors like:
- System safety and efficiency
- Total home comfort requirements
- Rising repair costs as equipment ages
DID YOU KNOW?
- An average unit lasts about 10 years
- But at around 8 years, the system starts breaking down
- You could spend $600 or so on a temporary fix
- Yet that could end up being a bad investment if the system requires several more repairs in the near future
Some of the items that tend to break on a unit of age are:
- Fan motor – $400-$600 to replace
- Gas valve – $800
- Compressor – $1600
- Capacitor – $250
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO?
It can be a tough call. That’s why it’s a good idea to call Comfort Zone. We’ll come out, look at your situation, sit down with you and give you some honest, cost-effective options.
We always do what’s best for your interest – not ours.