It’s so easy not to give your air conditioner a single thought – that is until something goes wrong. Then you have no choice but to call for AC repair. Along with the expense of the service call and repair, an AC breakdown means enduring Atlanta’s heat and humidity until you’re back up and running.
And since it will likely cost more to fix your AC than to prevent the problem in the first place, you’re essentially paying extra to be uncomfortable. Annual preventive maintenance is the single best way to avoid this unpleasant situation.
Preventive Maintenance Reduces the Risk of AC Breakdowns
Professional preventive AC maintenance, or AC tune-up, provides many benefits. Just like with a tune-up for your car, an AC tune-up ensures your system is operating properly, safely, and efficiently. When done regularly, once each year, preventive maintenance:
- Reduces the chance of an AC breakdown
- Extends the life of your AC system
- Lowers electricity use by ensuring peak efficiency
Any professional maintenance service should include, at a minimum:
- Checking refrigerant level
- Checking for refrigerant leaks
- Checking ductwork for air leaks
- Inspection of electrical components
- Measuring airflow over the evaporator coil
- Checking belts for wear and proper tension
Early detection and correction of minor issues in any of these areas is key to preventing an expensive major breakdown in the middle of a hot Atlanta summer. As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Does Your Atlanta HVAC Company Offer a Maintenance Program?
When you’re ready to schedule your AC tune-up this season, ask your Atlanta HVAC company about their maintenance plan – a program that should ideally make preventive maintenance even more cost-effective. Then see how it stacks up against our plan, the Comfort Club.
The Comfort Club provides annual preventive maintenance for both your AC and heating system, along with other member benefits, such as:
- Preferred-customer treatment: Service within 24 hours of your call
- $25 service calls (regularly $79 during the day and $99 after hours)
- 20% discount on parts
- 5-year warranty on our labor and parts we’ve installed so long as membership is continuously in effect
Once you check out the complete Comfort Club details, we think you’ll agree that it’s the smart way to go.